Jonathan Majors‘ attorney released text messages from the alleged assault victim seemingly admitting fault in the incident that led to his arrest earlier this week
Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ lawyer, told multiple outlets, including TMZ and The Wrap, that the woman, who has not been publicly identified, sent the texts in question to the “Creed III” actor, just hours after his arrest last weekend and “admitted that she was the one who used physical force against him.”
Jonathan Major’s Attorney Says Texts From Alleged Victim Show Her Client Is Innocent
The texts, purportedly sent by the victim, says she was angry when Jonathan was handcuffed, and added: “Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone.”
“I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone,” the first text reads, adding in the third text that she “read the paper they gave me about strangulation and I said point blank this did not occur and should be removed immediately,” and that “the origin of the call was to do with me collapsing and passing out and your worry as my partner due to our communication prior. Out of care.”
Another text sent a few hours later shows the woman claiming she’s working hard to make sure the district attorney doesn’t charge Majors.
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) March 30, 2023
RELATED: Jonathan Majors Arrested For Domestic Assault, Strangulation, And Harassment; Lawyer Claims Woman Recanted Allegations After His Arrest
Last week, The Shade Room reported that Majors, 33, was arrested after a 911 call was made from an apartment located in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood. A statement from the New York Police Department (NYPD) said that the victim had sustained minor injuries to her head and neck.
The victim was identified as a 30-year-old woman.
Actor Jonathan Majors has put out a statement regarding domestic dispute charges. pic.twitter.com/GWPXm45I3v
— Astrid Martinez (@astridtv1) March 26, 2023
Majors Charged With Assault, Strangulation And Harassment, Lawyer Claims He’s “Completely Innocent”
Though he was reportedly charged with assault, strangulation, and harassment, his lawyer claims he’s “completely innocent” with evidence to prove it. In statement shared with TMZ, the attorney claimed the actor is the actual victim.
“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the district attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently,” Chaudhry wrote.
The evidence Chaudhry mentioned allegedly includes video footage from the vehicle where the alleged assault happened, witness testimony from the driver and others, and two written statements from the woman involved. In the written statements, the woman allegedly recanted her allegations, per Chaudhry.
Attorney Claims Majors’ Accuser Was Having An “Emotional Crisis,” U.S. Army Drops Majors From Ads
Jonathan’s lawyer also suggested the incident resulted from the woman having an emotional reaction.
A judge ultimately released him without bail. His next court appearance is reportedly scheduled for May.
Meanwhile, the backlash against Jonathan for the allegations has already extended beyond social media platforms. Over the weekend, the U.S. Army pulled two recruiting ads featuring Majors.
TMZ has suggested, per law enforcement sources, that the woman is Majors girlfriend. They claim jealousy sparked the incident, which included the woman confronting him over texting another woman. The outlet added that she tried to look at Majors’ phone, and he reacted angrily, allegedly grabbing her hand and slapping her.